Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Podcasting Site

Juice
http://juicereceiver.sourceforge.net/
I chose to evaluate and share the program called Juice. This is a free program that you can download onto your computer that you can use to download and save a variety of podcasts. When you know the name of the podcast you want to download, you type the URL in the search box. You can set the program to automatically download the latest episode of the podcast when you open up the program. Juice uses RSS feeds to download new episodes. When you click on the podcast, it opens up in iTunes or another default MP3 player. There are also suggestions of various podcasts for beginners who don’t know where to begin. I think this site is easy to use, but is somewhat limited. I like how it lets you keep all of your downloaded podcasts in one place. After reading reviews online, most people had positive things to say about Juice. Everyone commented on how easy it was to use and how it saved time by automatically downloading new podcasts. The only negative things I read were about its appearance and that it looked old and reminded people of the old Windows user face.

No comments:

Post a Comment