I am choosing to review the presentation site called Prezi (www.prezi.com). This is a new online presentation program in which you can create a presentation from a blank canvas. This is what the site looks like when you first open it:
When you start a new presentation, you can click anywhere and begin typing words, phrases, or sentences.
You can add pictures and videos and change the size of your text. For the text, you can rotate it and create frames around a group of words/images.
When you are ready to create your show, you decide what order you want things to be in and then click on Show to watch the final presentation. I think this is a great tool because it's something different than Power Point and I think it will certainly get people's attention. I did find it a little hard to use at first. I had trouble saving my Prezi file and then viewing it. I also was disappointed in the fact that there weren't many styles and fonts to choose from. I think it would be more visually stunning and interesting if there were more styles to choose from. I also didn't like that you had to pay an extra fee to be able to create and edit your presentations offline. However, since this is a fairly new tool, I'm sure many improvements will be made in the future to make it even more exciting. One review on the site Tech Crunch gave the program rave reviews. All of the other reviews that I read gave it positive reviews as well.



No comments:
Post a Comment